Welcome to Fir!
We are all delighted to be back after the Christmas break and ready to get on with our learning! We have an exciting half term ahead:
Curriculum information for parents:
This half term we will be learning about:
- Using the written methods for multiplication and division;
- Finding the area of a square or rectangle;
- Finding fractions of shapes;
- Finding fractions of amounts.
We will be focusing on solving word problems in each unit.
- Identifying the features of a newspaper report;
- Writing a newspaper report;
- Including quotes using speech punctuation in our writing;
- Reading a wide range of texts and poems;
- Editing our work to improve it.
We will be looking at the digestive system and the role of the main parts in animals and humans. We will also look at how the teeth help the process and how we can keep them healthy.
Children will learn what predators and prey are and use this knowledge to understand and create food chains.
We will be learning about the history of the local area with a focus on Lady Jane Grey.
The children will be learning about why festivals are important in some religious communities.
|Design & Technology||
Children will be participating in a TASC day to design and create a marble run.
The children are learning to recognise the different notes they have learnt so far. They will be learning to play short tunes on the recorder.
The children will be learning about staying safe in a variety of contexts, for example, on-line, near water etc.
Children will be learning about e-safety.
|Modern Foreign Languages||
In French, the children will be learning how to use adjectives to describe, as well as giving their opinions on school subjects.
Each week, the children will need to:
- practise their times tables for that week and there will be a test each Friday;
- learn and practise the spelling rules they have been taught;
- read every day and for this to be recorded in their reading records.
All of these websites are for children to practise a range of maths, grammar and punctuation skills at home:
P.E. is on a Wednesday and Friday. Spelling and times tables can be found in the children's spelling records each week.