At Thorpe Acre Junior school we aim for every child to become the best they can be, with the skills, reason, sensitivity and tolerance to grow into an educated and caring individual, ready to embark on the next stage of life's journey.
At Thorpe Acre Junior school, we aim to:
- Encourage children to develop and maintain high standards of behaviour and achievement;
- Develop articulate, literate and numerate pupils;
- Be responsive to national and local education priorities which meet the needs of our children and their families;
- Help pupils and staff to achieve their potential as individuals and as members of society;
- Foster positive, confident, independent and resourceful learners;
- Encourage self-responsibility, self-confidence and self-respect;
- Value children and adults as individuals and as members of diverse cultural, racial and religious groups all with different abilities, knowledge and skills;
- Acknowledge parents/carers as the prime educators of their children and work with them to improve the educational opportunities available.
We will do this by providing:
- High quality teaching and learning experiences through taught programmes of study and investigations;
- Exploration of ideas and clear targets for improvement which are shared and monitored;
- A culture which has high expectations for all, values achievements and celebrates diversity;
- A caring, supportive and stimulating environment with opportunities for active learning;
- An atmosphere of respect for each other's abilities, culture, gender, race and religion;
- Opportunities to share the curriculum with parents and carers and to involve them in the education of their children;
- Equality of opportunity by monitoring access to resources and levels of achievement for the effects of culture, gender, race, religion and ability.